Hi, my name is Lauren Slagter.
I’m a freelance content marketing writer and writing coach who’s passionate about storytelling as a powerful way to cultivate empathy and spur change.
I specialize in working with mission-driven organizations and have more than a decade of experience writing about poverty and economic mobility, education, and housing.
I create content to help your organization:
- Build trust and credibility as a leader in your industry
- Demonstrate the impact of your work
- Mobilize your audiences to support your cause
- Empower the people you serve to share their stories in meaningful ways
As a writer, I’m known for:
- Translating academic and technical jargon into simple language and key takeaways
- Attention to detail in researching articles and copy editing
- Writing with your audiences’ needs in mind, while incorporating best practices for search engine optimization
- Meeting deadlines and being well organized
Check out my work
Most-Read Blog Posts
A whole body of research points to what makes personal narratives an especially persuasive form of communication.
As I delved deeper into the world of strategic communications, marketing, and how to elevate experts’ opinions in public discussions, I realized there isn’t always a good mechanism for including the stories of marginalized groups in conversations with decision makers.
Strategic communications is a high-level strategy that brings alignment to your other communications activities — like internal communications, public relations, media relations, marketing, and social media — to ensure your efforts send a cohesive message that advances your organization’s mission.